Compiling CC with PDAL

All about Linux portage
thunr

Compiling CC with PDAL

Post by thunr »

Hi all,

I have had success compiling CC on a Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine. However, I have not had the same easy time to install PDAL.
What is the simplest noninteractive way to compile CC with PDAL? Can I point CC to the PDAL conda install? Or, if I have to compile PDAL from source, does anyone have suggestions? I've tried compiling PDAL a few times before and I've never had any success.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Compiling CC with PDAL

Post by daniel »

Sorry, on my side I compile on Windows (with the PDAL version that comes with the Osgeo4W package).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jedfrechette

Post by jedfrechette »

Regarding PDAL on Windows, as far as I know, the PDAL packages in OSGeo4W are no longer maintained. They are certainly a couple versions out of date. The Conda packages for PDAL are now the recommended way to install binaries on Windows.
Jed
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah indeed! And I now remember that I actually compile PDAL myself for a long time now :D
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
thunr

Post by thunr »

Thanks for your responses. For anyone else working on Linux, so far I haven't had success pointing to the Conda install. It seems like I'll have to compile PDAL and try from there. I'll report back if I have any success.