Point Pick List with selection box/snipping

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
dannyht

Point Pick List with selection box/snipping

Post by dannyht »

Hello! I believe there is a way to do what I'm trying to do, but I just cant figure it out.

Background: I'm on a research team at GaTech and our task is to create an algo to analyze LiDAR data and identify and assess traffic signs. Data was acquired via a van with a LiDAR unit. The point clouds that I load in are...very long. I've been using CC to verify our results by importing in the original LiDAR point cloud dataset and as a cloud and then importing the dataset that corresponds to what we think are points that belong to signs (as a different cloud). I change color to help differentiate and see if points line up and such. It's actually been working well!

Question: Is there a way to "batch" create a point list? From everything I've read, you can only create a point list by selecting points individually. However, it would be nice to be able to have a selection box or a lasso or something to select and add the points to a point list so that I can export them out. This would be very useful as I could get the points that belong to a sign, but that our algo didn't pick up.

Thanks so much for your help!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Point Pick List with selection box/snipping

Post by daniel »

Well you can always use the 'scissors' tool to segment out some points. And then merge them or export them directly? (see https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... ation_Tool)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin