Exported shapefile (CC v2.10.2) will not load in ArcGIS

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
rbainbridge

Exported shapefile (CC v2.10.2) will not load in ArcGIS

Post by rbainbridge »

I'm having trouble with shapefiles exported from v2.10.2 as they will not load up in ArcGIS. The export from CC seems to work fine and is the same as it has always been in previous versions, but Arc gives me an error saying that it cannot draw the selected data.

I took my data and re-exported the shapefile in an older CC version (2.9) that I have on a different computer and the shapefile worked fine in Arc. I'm pretty sure it's not a data issue as I've been working with these pointclouds for a couple of years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Exported shapefile (CC v2.10.2) will not load in ArcGIS

Post by daniel »

Yes this issue has been declared recently! I am currently investigating it. It would be good if someone can declare the 'issue' on github by the way ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ok the bug is fixed! I updated the 2.11.alpha (non-stereo) version online.

Otherwise, I believe it is possible with QGIS to remove the SHX file next to the SHP file and make QGIS recreate it properly (it was the culprit, this file was malformed).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
rbainbridge

Post by rbainbridge »

That's great, thanks Daniel. Sorry I didn't see it had been declared already, I did have a look around. In future I'll put any issues on github :-)