Polyline generation

Any question about the main GUI application (frontend)
thales

Polyline generation

Post by thales »

Hi Admin / Daniel,

I am only a Surveyor (sole operator), so maybe have missed the point(s) for achieving this automatically in the Cross section tool, however, I have attempted to generate polylines at different elevations on a cross section of a scanned building, but the results are confusing (easily done).

Attempts to generate a polyline by point picking in the cloud are f.....rustrating.

In order to generate any income from my TLS (Leica BLK360), I have discovered too late that you need to be able to show a client (architect) a usable product, which in many cases is a simple 2D Floor Plan, which is proving to be very difficult, unless investing in outrageously expensive AutoDesk products...

So have tried the "Extract cloud sections along polyline" tool, from which it may be possible to generate the scanned edges of walls etc, which could then be developed by the client.

My request: would it be possible to change the selection pointer from the "finger" to a cross hair; would it be possible to include a plus [+] button in the sub menu, so that "tracing" the polyline could be paused (per Trace by point picking) to zoom in / out, view progress etc.

If I have a product to show, then I may get some work, so would make a contribution to your excellent application.

Regards,

Thales.
Nils

Re: Polyline generation

Post by Nils »

Hi Thales, you didn't address me, but I'm sometimes in similar situations to you and I hope you don't mind when I write to you. I'm also just a simple user (surveyor like you) and have just installed Cloude Compare. At the moment I only understand 'Egypt?'. However, I believe that program is very cool. If you are looking for simple solutions, google Potree Desktop and take a look at the Agisoft Viewer. Unfortunately, for some data you have to have Metashape by Agisoft, but if you are interested I could reshape a point cloud. With Potree Desktop and the Converter you can already do a lot. I want to deal with Cloude Compare and hope that I will find a few more beginners with whom I can exchange ideas and maybe you will find some support in this forum. As far as the Autodesk programs mentioned are concerned, I can tell you that we have not had a good experience with this in terms of point clouds. One tip would be QGIS with the LAStools. So I created my first Potree data. It's very easy. If you need support, just get in touch.