Floor Flatness and Level

Feel free to ask any question here
abuzarshaikh101

Floor Flatness and Level

Post by abuzarshaikh101 »

Hello Everyone,
I have created a heat map to analyze the floor flatness, it is giving me quite good result but i want to show the spot elevation at 1mx1m grid spacing throughout the floor plate. is there anyway to achieve this?

Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Floor Flatness and Level

Post by daniel »

Looks a little bit like what the Rasterize tool could do, but 1x1 m seems quite large, so I'm not sure the result will be useful?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Looks a little bit like what the Rasterize tool could do, but 1x1 m seems quite large, so I'm not sure the result will be useful?
abuzarshaikh101

Post by abuzarshaikh101 »

Thanks Daniel,

Actually i am bit new to CC and want to test if this tool works fine to determine floor flatness and levelness specifically for concrete if i can get the spot elevation for 1mx1m for a defined area or whole then its just the matter of changing the spacing and getting the values and also I am looking to Calculate cut and fill volume for the heat map generated, is there any way to find out the cut and fill volume. I can see the option of calculating 2.5D volume but not cut, fill and net volume. any lead in this regards would be helpful.
if you could please check the heat map for better understanding.
Attachments
Concrete Floor Heatmap.JPG
Concrete Floor Heatmap.JPG (115.02 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

So with the Rasterize tool, if you choose a 1 m. grid step, and the 'maximum' cell height option, you'll get the 'spot elevation' (with respect to an horizontal at z=0).

And for the volume, if your cloud is dense enough, the 2.5D Volume calculation tool should give you quite accurate results. And yes you'll get the cut & fill values (it's called positive and negative volumes).