Supporting CloudCompare As A Designer

Any question about the main GUI application (frontend)
Lukke

Supporting CloudCompare As A Designer

Post by Lukke »

I've was wondering how I can support CloudCompare as a designer? I have a background in architecture, but work as a computational designer (quasi-programming, working on construction and design automation workflows, using Rhino3D and Grasshopper). I've used CloudCompare for the past few years both as a hobbiest and while at university. I've seen the TODO list for supporting CloudCompare as a developer, however my programming skills aren't at a level I can comfortably contribute. However I am keen to give back to CloudCompare in some other way, especially something design related (icons? content? videos? documentation? website? presentations?)

I was wondering if there was any need for these kinds of skills or if anybody else was a designer willing to contribute to CloudCompare?

Thanks from New Zealand!

Luke.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Supporting CloudCompare As A Designer

Post by daniel »

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the proposition!

Yes, CC would definitely benefit from a designer experience. It can be with nice and consistently looking icons as you suggested, or some suggestions to improve the UX/UI maybe? (if not too hard to implement :p).

And definitely the website may also be a good "area of improvement".

We can discuss by email (admin [at] cloudcompare.org) and you could even join our slack board.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin