Commandlien distance compute, both files stay in memory

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
PablerasBCN

Commandlien distance compute, both files stay in memory

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi.

according to docs:
https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... _line_mode

"CloudCompare -o cloud1.bin -o cloud2.asc -c2c_dist -split_xyz -model HF SPHERE 50.0
CC will load cloud1.bin and cloud2.asc, then compute the distance from cloud1 (compared) relatively to cloud2 (reference) with a height function (quadric) computed on all the neighbors falling in a sphere of radius 50.0 around each point of cloud1. On output a file cloud1_C2C_DIST_YYYY-MM-DD_HHhMM.bin will be generated (with the resulting distances as first scalar field and the 3 components of the corresponding displacement vector along X, Y and Z as additional scalar fields).

Note: this cloud stays in memory and can be processed further (with -FILTER_SF for instance).
"

In my experience, it seems like both files are kept in memory, not just the compared one, so the more operations you add you end up with a carpton of output files. I wish only the compared one was left so I could stop the autosave and simply save once I'm done.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Commandlien distance compute, both files stay in memory

Post by daniel »

That would have to be an option I guess...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin