PLY-file command line apply SF

Any question about the main GUI application (frontend)
Michael123

PLY-file command line apply SF

Post by Michael123 »

Hi,

I have a point cloud (PLY-file, ASCII) which I would like to edit in CC in command line mode. I want to filter based on a scalar field (confidence), but the values are still kept in the final PC. It doesn't complain when I am setting the Value to 'confidence' (see below), but I have the feeling that the SF is not applied when I open the PLY-File in command line mode. Is there a way to manually apply the SF in command line mode?
Unfortunately I might have to stick with editing the PLY-File in ASCII-format, as I have sampling/rastering problems with exporting the file in PLY-binary-format with the prvious software (Metashape). By importing and editing a simple ASCII-File I always have to use a SF-Index instead of a name, which might vary during the process.

Results from logFile:

Doesn't work with confidence:
"
Set active S.F. name: 'confidence'
[FILTER BY VALUE]
Interval: [5 - 255]
"

works with M3C2:
"
Set active S.F. name: 'M3C2 distance'
[FILTER BY VALUE]
Interval: [MIN - -0.25]
Cloud 'dense_cloud_confidence - Cloud.extract.cropped' --> 785476/29044817 points remaining
"
daniel
Site Admin

Re: PLY-file command line apply SF

Post by daniel »

Ply files are quite complex to handle in the sense that there's not a single convention for the naming of the various fields. So it's possible that the command line mode is not able to detect your 'scalar fields' as such.

Can you send me a small example file? (to 'admin[at]cloudcompare.org')
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Michael123

Re: PLY-file command line apply SF

Post by Michael123 »

Hi Daniel,

I just sent you an E-Mail. Thank you for your help in advance!