CC won't launch

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
eliscio

CC won't launch

Post by eliscio »

Hello All,

Trying to get CC to open on a new laptop. It's Win 11.

I tried the current 2.12 release and the 2.13 alpha. Basically, when I double click on the icon, the spinning wheel shows up and after a second, it disappears and nothing happens.

I tried to look through some old threads here and installed the FARO SDK, tried to uninstall and then reinstall without the FARO SDK. I also tried to modify the Registry to remove one of the CC folders and still nada.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CC won't launch

Post by daniel »

Hi Eugene,

To me it looks like a graphic card issue? Have you tried to update the drivers? And do you have a GPU and a chipset on this laptop maybe? Can you try to force one or the other to be used when launching CC?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
nrpage

Post by nrpage »

Hi, I am having the same problem. I am working on a virtual machine and the display adapter is listed as Microsoft Hyper-V Video.
I've tried installing a couple different versions of CC (both the latest stable Win64 version [2.12.4] and the latest beta [2.13.alpha]). Both installs have behaved in the same way that Eugene describes: double click on the icon, the spinning wheel shows up and after a second, it disappears and nothing happens.

Please let me know if you find a solution.
Thank you.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well, for a virtualization scree/device, I'm not that surprised. CC needs a real GPU to work.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin