pan durint segementation

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
PablerasBCN

pan durint segementation

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi,

You know that known bug that allows you to pan while doing segmentation with scissors? Please extend it so we can pan.

Why? look, I need to cover the holes left by laser shadows that leave holes here and there. It would be very handy for me to draw the shape of the hole, then pan to nearby facade chunk, clone it so I can fill in the gap. Now I've to eyeball the shape and is a bit of a pain.

daniel
Site Admin

Re: pan durint segementation

Post by daniel »

What bug exactly?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

some time ago, you said, discussing a similar topic, that it was a known bug that it was left as is, because some people finding it handy, that you can zoom out while segmenting while the selection polyline being active. I'm requesting that it to be expanded so I can pan while segmentation polyline is drawn, so I can cut that exact shape nearby the current hole.
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

as you said in the ver last pos of this thread, the zooming while segment polyline is a glitch-feature:

https://www.cloudcompare.org/forum/view ... 189#p24189
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah ok. But you wouldn't be able to use the right click as is (it's already used to close the polyline). So we would have to add a shortcut that's not already used: CTRL, SHIFT or ALT + right click).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jedfrechette

Post by jedfrechette »

Of all the 3D applications I’ve used the UI I like the best is having a modifier that is held down to activate navigation mode (tumble, pan, dolly, zoom, etc). That frees up all the mouse buttons for usage by tools when the modifier isn’t active.

ALT is a pretty popular choice for the modifier key, but I much prefer SPACE because it is much more comfortable to reach, which is especially important when you’re using it a alot.
Jed
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

daniel wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:40 am Ah ok. But you wouldn't be able to use the right click as is (it's already used to close the polyline). So we would have to add a shortcut that's not already used: CTRL, SHIFT or ALT + right click).
Understood, since the zoom glitch manifests while Shift + wheel, may be the logical way to do would be Shift+rclick hold for pan.