Apply Transformation results are broken (Swiss Grid to local frame)

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
dreiländereck

Apply Transformation results are broken (Swiss Grid to local frame)

Post by dreiländereck »

Good Morning Everyone

I got the task to apply a transformation onto a global E57 point cloud data file (40 GB) with Swiss Grid coordinates (LV95/LN02).

As result a local coordinate system is required. I got the translation and rotation parameters and a section of the original point cloud, which allows me to try the task in shorter time. The size of the section is 4 GB.

The transformation was done in two steps. First the shift from the global origin to the local origin and afterwards a rotation with an angle of 19.89 degrees. The transformation values are stored in a text file to negotiate input mistakes. All steps are done by four eyes control.

We got also a 3D CAD model which shows, that the transformation process of the section point cloud went fine.

With this result I repeat the steps to transform the 40 GB file, but it looks only on the first view good. We took a closer look to the result and there is a slightly shift on the x and y axis from -4.2 and 10.6 cm. The z axis is equal to the section point cloud.

Due to customer issues I am not able to upload a screenshot here, but please @daniel please contact me to dive deeper into the issue.
Regards Sebastian
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Apply Transformation results are broken (Swiss Grid to local frame)

Post by daniel »

Can you send me an email to admin@cloudcompare.org? (with maybe more details on your process: are you using the command line mode maybe? etc.)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin