[AsciiFilter::Load] Line ... is corrupted (found 16 part(s) on 18 expected)!

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Robert_123

Post by Robert_123 »

Good evening,

I use CC to calculate the distance between 2 point clouds using the "M3C2 Distance" plugin. Point cloud #2 is always the same point cloud, while #1 changes. For the M3C2 parameters, values are estimated once and saved so that they can be used for all point clouds. The point clouds are loaded as pcd files and saved as csv files after the M3C2 comparison. When I then try to import the csv files back into CC, I occasionally get the error message

ImageFor ... numbers between 16000 and 800000 occur, although the point clouds usually only have approx. 16000 points and therefore the csv files only have this many lines. Despite the error message, the point clouds are loaded, but then have many more points than before, as can be seen in the picture.

Has this problem ever occurred and does anyone have a solution?

I apologize for bad English. This translation was supported by Deepl ;)
Attachments
ZEB_3.jpg
ZEB_3.jpg (104.64 KiB) Viewed 8617 times
ZEB_3_updated.jpg
ZEB_3_updated.jpg (113.08 KiB) Viewed 8617 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: [AsciiFilter::Load] Line ... is corrupted (found 16 part(s) on 18 expected)!

Post by daniel »

Hum strange.

Would you be able to send me 2 sample clouds for me to reproduce the issue on my side (with the M3C2 parameters you use, maybe as screen captures of the M3C2 dialog tabs)? And maybe the output file with corrupted lines as well?

You can send the files to admin@cloudcompare.org
Daniel, CloudCompare admin