[SOLVED]no raster interpolation in Command Line

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
PablerasBCN

[SOLVED]no raster interpolation in Command Line

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi,

I suspect the interpolation is not working in command line.

Tested on the Jan 1 build too.

As you can see in the image, the irfan view picture is the one generated by the command line and is full of holes.

edit:
"for %%f in (E:\LIDAR_JAPAN\MMS8_Prototype_3\LIDAR\03_Compare_LIDAR_to_DEM_mesh\*.las) DO "C:\Program Files\CloudCompare\cloudcompare.exe" -SILENT -O -GLOBAL_SHIFT AUTO %%f -AUTO_SAVE OFF -NO_TIMESTAMP ^
-SET_ACTIVE_SF "Classification" -FILTER_SF MIN 1 -SET_ACTIVE_SF "C2M signed distances[<0.45]" -FILTER_SF MIN 0.4498 -RASTERIZE -GRID_STEP 0.5 -EMPTY_FILL INTERP -OUTPUT_RASTER_RGB

cmd /k"
Last edited by PablerasBCN on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PablerasBCN

Re: no raster interpolation in Command Line

Post by PablerasBCN »

I installed the kyev, stable version and interpolation works.

So at some points things whent south.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ok, so on my side both the GUI and the command line was behaving the same, but it was behaving badly! (the holes were not filled with a step of 0.5m, but they were filled properly with a step of 1m...).

This led me to discover that there was an issue with how the 'max edge length' parameter was used. This is now fixed.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll update the 2.13.beta release this evening.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hello Daniel,

Teh issue persists in the Jan 7 build. I can upload a couple of sample clouds and .bats if it helps.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

And did you set the 'max edge length' parameter correctly?
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

Apologies for hte late reply.

I did read your answer on time but I was a bit confused by it and I had no time to focus on this topic till today.

I was re checked the params of the command and the only required param is the grid step, that is why it called my attention that you whanted me double check the MAX_EDGE_LENGTH, which is optional, and in this case I was not interested in using.

[EDIT: i SEE IT IS NOW A MANDATORY TO USE WHEN USING INTERP!!!:

-MAX_EDGE_LENGTH {value} to specify a maximum triangle edge length for interpolation (to be used with -EMPTY_FILL INTERP) - since version 2.12 only]

Code: Select all

Rasterizes the loaded clouds by projecting them inside a regular grid.
Optional settings are:

-VERT_DIR {0/1/2} to specify the projection dimension (0=X / 1=Y / 2=Z) - default is 2 (Z)
-PROJ {MIN/AVG/MAX} to specify how the altitude of each cell is computed (minimum, average or maximum altitude of the projected points). Default is AVG (average)
-SF_PROJ {MIN/AVG/MAX} to specify how the SF value(s) of each cell are computed (minimum, average or maximum of the projected points SF value(s)). Default is AVG (average)
-EMPTY_FILL {MIN_H/MAX_H/CUSTOM_H/INTERP} to specify how empty cells should be filled (MIN_H = min height / MAX_H = max height / CUSTOM_H = custom value - see CUSTOM_HEIGHT option below / INTERP = interpolate). Default behavior is 'leave cells empty'
-MAX_EDGE_LENGTH {value} to specify a maximum triangle edge length for interpolation (to be used with -EMPTY_FILL INTERP) - since version 2.12 only
-CUSTOM_HEIGHT {value} to define the custom height filling value (if the 'CUSTOM_H' strategy is used (see above)
-OUTPUT_CLOUD to output the result as a cloud (this is the default option if no other output format is defined)
-OUTPUT_MESH to output the result as a mesh
-OUTPUT_RASTER_Z to output the result as a geotiff raster (only altitudes, no RGB)
-OUTPUT_RASTER_Z_AND_SF to output the result as a geotiff raster (altitudes + all SFs by default, no RGB)
-OUTPUT_RASTER_RGB to output the result as a geotiff raster (RGB)
Notes:

if OUTPUT_CLOUD or OUTPUT_MESH is selected, the resulting entity will replace the original cloud in memory
I'll now test with that param, yet if it works I beleive something should fixed as an optional param should not be mandatory.
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

adding "-MAX_EDGE_LENGTH 0" fixes the issue, case closed. :D

I would suggest to add a note in the documentation that interpolation parameter requires the max edge lenght param, or make a 0, default if no max edge lengh param is input.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED]no raster interpolation in Command Line

Post by daniel »

Yes, I've just updated the wiki (the command line keeps the default values of the GUI version).