Keep CC Colours when importing to Blender

Feel free to ask any question here
carlosrio

Keep CC Colours when importing to Blender

Post by carlosrio »

Good day!
It's the first time i'm working with Lidar data and CouldCompare as i always work with Blender and i have this doubt about this Cloud i have from a racetrack.
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG (141.86 KiB) Viewed 884 times
I don´t know if it i could maintain those greyscale colours into Blender. That would be my main goal so i can model in a proper way.
The file format is .LAS and as far as i know i need to convert it to .PLY in order to import it to Blender, using the cmd window. I have done it but in blender i have this:
Captura2.JPG
Captura2.JPG (235.13 KiB) Viewed 884 times
As you can see, the greyscale i had in CloudCompare is missing so i can´t model with good references.
Does anyone knows what i have to do?
Thanks in advance!
Carlos
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Keep CC Colours when importing to Blender

Post by daniel »

So I don't know how strong is the PLY support in Blender. By default, CC will save the intensity values as a 'scalar field'. A one-dimensional table. But the PLY specifications are very simple, and they can have about any names. So a lot of SW won't be able to load them because they don't know what to do with them.

Either you find a way to force Blender to load this 'intensity' field, or you can maybe try to convert this scalar field to RGB colors in CloudCompare (see https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... ert_to_RGB), before exporting the cloud to PLY.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin