Point Cloud to Mesh with .e57 file?? Please Help

Feel free to ask any question here
PureAu

Point Cloud to Mesh with .e57 file?? Please Help

Post by PureAu »

Hello CloudCompare Community!

I am a total noob here so I want to say thank you for having me. I am in desperate need of help! I am trying to make an .e57 point cloud file from a Matterport style lidar camera into a mesh. I assume that CloudCompare is an answer to my need for a high quality mesh, but I don't even know what the end result will look like, and I have a big presentation for this project. CloudCompare is the only way that I have even conceived to get a high quality mesh of this building. I had previously been using iPhone lidar apps to document the building, but need a higher quality mesh for this big project.

I have bought a new computer to handle the workload and have spent the last week trying to get the point cloud into a mesh and I am literally at my wits end. I have watched all of the YouTube tutorials and have come up short. I believe that I will be able to figure it out eventually, but before I move on I do need to know if this will even work. Before I spend another week, and pull out the rest of my hair, I thought that I would reach out to the wonderful people on this forum.

Can anyone help me turn my .e57 point cloud file into a mesh? Can I hire you to help me?? I am willing to pay to find out if this is indeed the answer to my solution of getting a high quality mesh of this property. Thank you in advance for considering : )
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Point Cloud to Mesh with .e57 file?? Please Help

Post by daniel »

Maybe you can first start by sharing a snapshot of your point cloud? ;)

Or you can directly send me the cloud to admin@cloudcompare.org. So that we can tell you what's possible to do.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PureAu

Post by PureAu »

Thank you so much, Daniel!! I will share the file with you. Thank you so much for the guidance!!
txfrog9

Post by txfrog9 »

I too am learning via online tutorials. Very curious for a followup of this issue.
Currently working with .e57 files in CC to export to C3D.