Python API

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
svfilhol

Python API

Post by svfilhol »

Hi Daniel,

I am using a lot CC for my research with great success! Thanks so much for your work.

I would like to suggest the idea of an API for python scripting, if anyone else see such feature valuable, and if this is eventually feasible.
Such binding would be so advantageous for scripting as one could integrate CC tools with other python libraries like numpy or even the PCL-python binding library.

Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Python API

Post by daniel »

Hi,

That's a good idea. In fact it's already in the TODO list... but personally I really don't know how to do this!

So basically we just need a Python/C++ master (and some time ;).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
svfilhol

Post by svfilhol »

Great!
I wish I could be more helpful than just mentioning the idea, but C++ is like a black box to me.
Looking forward for such a new feature.
rthurau

Post by rthurau »

Hi,
I am trying to use CC with some Python, and am no master either so hoping to just gain some understanding from this thread.

My understanding is there doesn't need to be a Python API because Python is really good at communicating with other programs. Something I've done before with Saga GIS is use Saga's Command line api through Python Subprocess.

I have a couple questions about using Subprocess with CC in this Forum if anyone reading this post would care to comment on my posts (I think you can search my username?).

Thanks

Rich