Rasterize with flipped projectoin axis

Feel free to ask any question here
asart

Rasterize with flipped projectoin axis

Post by asart »

Hi!

I'm relatively new to Cloudcompare and GIS in general, so please correct me if I'm misunderstanding something.

I'm using version 2.12 and am trying to export a geotiff from a point cloud, but when choosing the projection direction in the Rasterize dialog I can only see x, y and z and not the negatives.

I want to project two side view of a building, cut in half along Y.
I can easily export one half of the point cloud (using the X direction), showing the interior of the building, but when I section off the other half a wall is in the way.
I was wondering if I can project the in the -X direction without transforming the point cloud, which would mess up my coordinates.

Am I misunderstanding something fundamentally, or is this just not implemented?

Thanks in advance!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Rasterize with flipped projectoin axis

Post by daniel »

'Ah, that's actually an interesting question. The 'Rasterize' tool initially been designed to be used with terrain/aerial scans, so generally only '+Z' is required.

However, in your case, you should be able to play with the 'cell projection' option. By choosing the minimum or maximum value, you should be able to extract one side or the other?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
asart

Re: Rasterize with flipped projectoin axis

Post by asart »

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the office for a while.

Thanks for the answer!

I managed to work it out with the cell projection settings.

If I have some spare time I could try to implement that as maybe a checkbox to toggle the inverse axis?
I cannot guarantee that though.

Thanks again!