Scaling problem

Feel free to ask any question here
kachlica

Scaling problem

Post by kachlica »

I have the following problem.

I need to export orthophotos from my densed pointcloud. Point cloud is in metres and oriented. For ortophoto extraction I use "render to file option" wih high pixel setting (zoom 9). I impor generated orthophoto plan into Autocad and rescale according to scale bar of the rendered file. I expect that that scale bar is in meters and is correct. Unfortunately rescaled plan in autocad is not correct - although scale bar gives correct information particular distance in autocad imported and rescaled plan give falso info. Is scale bar in CC precise and does tit give info in measured units (in my case in meters?). Does zoom factor in "render to file" dialog box influence scaling and scale bar?
kachlica

Re: Scaling problem

Post by kachlica »

I have done some testing and came to the conclusion that it is up to zoom factor, by which the resolution of the raster is enhaunced. When applying zoom factor higher than 1.0, the scale bar of the workspace loses its infomation and no longer bears scale data. Maybe a suggestion for "to do list" to cope this problem
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Indeed, I am not sure that the scale takes the 'rendering zoom' into account correctly.

I'll look at this.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
kachlica

Post by kachlica »

It works fine till zoom level 4 but not by higher zoom levels.
Mochlos2015

Post by Mochlos2015 »

Hi, I have found the same problem. When I use the zoom factor in "render to file", in order to get better resolution, and choose to render overlays such as the scale, I find that the scale does not enlarge to the same zoom factor. So if I zoom 5 times for example, the scale stays as if it is still at factor 1. This then renders the scale useless. It only is correct if you Do not adjust the zoom factor at all, and leave it at 1. Since I need higher resolution I have to zoom, but of equal importance I have to have an image with a correct scale for the work that I do. Is there any way to fix this?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I forgot to answer but this has been fixed in the latest beta version (it's online: 2.6.2.beta). Can you test it and confirm?
kachlica

Post by kachlica »

Everything seems to work fine :)
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

For the records: there was still a rounding issue in fact! The effect was smaller than before but it could become quite big with a big screen and/or rendering zoom.

The beta version has been updated.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.
Pavel_Herich

Post by Pavel_Herich »

Hello Daniel,
it seems, this problem hasn´t been fixed, or something has changed - it seems, zoom 1, 2 and 5 works fine, others don´t (I tested it until zoom 9). Please, it is possible to fix somehow? Thank You and thank You for the CloudCompare!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Which version did you test that with? Because a bug has been fixed very recently.