CSF Lidar - congrats

Feel free to ask any question here
kachlica

CSF Lidar - congrats

Post by kachlica »

I d like to congtat wpqjbzwm and daniel for implementing this plugin. I appreciate its robustness. Currently I am working on LIDAR data of 20 km/2 territory (mountainous region, high forest density) (LIDRresolution roughly24 points/km2). I generate bare earh DEM with the aim of detection archaeological features. I tested various variables of the plugin - mostly doing very good job. The ony thing that matters to me is small sipkes apperances after off ground removal. Is the only solution the MDenoise application on the resulting DEM or is there a trick to cope with it directly in plugin ? (tested variables: default ,and diffrenet classification threshold parametres: 0.2, 0.5, 0.8 - all with roughly very similar results)
Or dont you know of any other solution possibilities beside the LAS tools denoise filter (not appliable for me due to huge amount of data)-
Thanks a lot
Attachments
DEM spikes..jpeg
DEM spikes..jpeg (119.64 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
wpqjbzwm

Re: CSF Lidar - congrats

Post by wpqjbzwm »

Hi, @kachlica. Thank you for the affirmation.
What is it in the attachment? Is it the mesh after selection of "Export cloth mesh"?
The aim of CSF is to classify ground and non-ground points, cloth mesh is exported only because of Daniel's curious ;). It shows the final status of the dropping cloth. It is like DEM but it is not DEM. It is hard for CSF to filter these spikes because it is hard to tell if it is a spike or a detailed feature. I have two suggestions.
1.use the outputted ground points to construct DEM with some professional softwares, such as surfer.
2.apply low-pass filter to cloth mesh may help.

Looking forward for better solutions from all.