CSF plugin

Feel free to ask any question here
kachlica

CSF plugin

Post by kachlica »

Is there any way to use CSF as a batch process. When selecting several point clouds the button is disabled. Or the only possibility is to use command-line approach (which i would like to avoid as I have no experience with :))

Or, by the way, would it not be possible to enable the button by multiple pointclouds selection as well ? ("to do" suggestion)

Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CSF plugin

Post by daniel »

I guess this would be possible by changing the code a little. Therefore it's something that could be added to the TODO list indeed.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Agraham

Post by Agraham »

Hey Daniel,

Are there any updates for CSF as a command line tool?

I am a master's student looking at UAV point clouds under various forest densities and their respective ground model accuracy.
It would be nice to quickly test results the different parameters combinations.

If it is not super challenging to implement, I would like to give it a try though I would need some hints of where to start.

Or maybe it is under way already?

Cheers,
Alex
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hi Alex,

No, I don't think anyone tried to do this.

Basically you have to implement the 'registerCommands' method in the plugin main entry point (the qCSF class --> qCSF.h and qCSF.cpp). This method should return a 'ccCommandLineInterface::Command' object that will do the interpretation of the command line arguments, and then call the process.

To see how it works in a plugin, you can look at qCanupo. It should be pretty similar. And calling the CSF process is pretty easy as it's already in a separate class ('CSF').
Daniel, CloudCompare admin