[Done] A trivial but useful request

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
Dimitri

[Done] A trivial but useful request

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

in the height grid generation procedure, would it possible to add an option creating an additional scalar field (to the new cloud) with the number of points of the original cloud that were in the projected pixel ?
For scenes with the appropriate configuration, this offers a very simple way to compute spatial variations in point density on a constant spatial basis .

Cheers

Dim
daniel
Site Admin

Re: A trivial but useful request

Post by daniel »

Good idea!

I'll add this to the TODO list.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: A trivial but useful request

Post by daniel »

Done! It will be available in the next release.
Dimitri

Re: [Done] A trivial but useful request

Post by Dimitri »

Thanks Daniel, that's going to be extremely useful.

Another non-urgent request :
I should have thought of this earlier when requesting stuff for the grid projection function, but this may be useful for users working on several multi-temporal datasets of the same site or object.

objective : project different point cloud on the same grid in order to use subsequent raster processing techniques knowing that each raster has the same origin and pixel resolution (i.e. that the center of each pixel is not offset compared to another raster).

only way to do that currently : be sure that the point clouds have exactly the same spatial extent which generally requires cutting the clouds, or doing the projection at once by selecting all the clouds (and I'm not actually exactly sure that it can be done).

2 potential solutions for a more flexible approach :
. 1 : call a previously projected raster to use its grid parameters for the projection (grid origin, pixel size and grid extent) for the function "projection" (if some parts of the cloud are outside the grid they are not projected). My preferred one as it's very easy.
. 2 : ask the user for the grid parameters : origin, extent (i.e. number of rows and columns) and resolution (already asked)
daniel
Site Admin

Re: [Done] A trivial but useful request

Post by daniel »

Indeed this is a reasonable request.

Remembering the last grid parameters for each cloud is the worst from the developer point of view :D. But I guess the dialog could let the user enter its own parameters AND remember the last ones.

I'll add this to the TODO list ;)